Wednesday, August 12, 2009

She's Mine...ALL Mine!!!!

I needed to go back home to take care of some business for my son, and I figured, "I'm here so I might as well stop in at the Goodwill."
Okay, so the Goodwill is another thirty minute drive, but it is always well worth it!
This particular GW is right next to an affluent neighborhood and they have the best stuff hands down.
Today was no exception to the rule.
I used to go everyday on my way to work just to look around, so I've become pretty buddy buddy with the ladies who work there.
The assistant manager comes running over to me and says, " You got here just in time. This boutique down the street closed up and they donated a WHOLE bunch of stuff that I know you will like."

I tried to be passé.
I said, "Okay, show me what ya'll got in.

And she brought out...brace yourselves..........



This dynamic lady right here!!!!!

I think I shall call her Sophie.

I had to literally stop myself from running up to her and her four (you read correctly) other sisters who were in various colors. (I'm getting all short of breath and clammy hands just thinking about it.)

I looked at Sophie's tag....59.99.

I put on my sweetest face with really big smile and said, "You know, I've been coming to you guys for a long time and I just drove two hours to come see ya'll because I know ya'll have the best stuff...can you cut me a deal?

The assistant manager looked long and hard into the ceiling while I was about to burst with excitement. She looked at me with this huge grin and said...45 dollars!

WOOOOT HOOOOOOT (palms facing up while I'm raising the roof.)




So here she is. A picture of beauty with all of her beautiful pearls and lots of bling.

She's kinda on the chesty side but she carries it REALLY well.




Look at those legs!!! They could give Tina Turner a run for her money!
Did I mention that she can adjust her own height?



So now Sophie stands in my office, greeting all of those who come in through the back door as she lovingly gazes at my computer.

I know that she has my back!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Now if she could just vacuum...she'd be perfect!
    Way to go girl...getting a discount was brilliant. You seem to have a knack for
    finding the best stuff that needs to be
    adopted (or bought on the cheap)!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your blog ... you are hilarious! That is a pretty exciting find and that's awesome that you were able to negotiate the price. I try to play off my excitment at GW all the time, then go home and sufficiently freak out! ;)

    ReplyDelete

You know you've got something to say...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin