Monday, August 24, 2009

Once Again....

It's the first day of school.
The first day of school has always signified change for me.
An opportunity to learn and grow with new teachers and classmates.
Today dawns a new era for me.
My oldest son is a senior in high school.
This will be the year of prom and senior trips, photos, class rings, and graduation.
This is the year my son makes the transition from boy to man and will be on his own in a year.
My youngest son , who is autistic, started junior high.
This is the first year of different teachers and lockers and pep rallies and football games.
This is the first year where I can no longer keep him under my wing at all times.
This is the year my son will learn to adjust in the world without his mother by his side.
My oldest daughter started the third grade.
She's learning cliques and girly talk and fashion is now important.
Soon there will be boys and high heels....I see it coming.
My youngest daughter starts the first grade this year.
This is the first year of true academic learning beyond the joy of kindergarten.
Today is such an eventful day, even if my children never notice it.
Today is the first day that my house has been completely quiet.
Today is the first day that I can enjoy a cup of tea all alone.
Today is the first day that I can have some peace and get to work on those projects I have waiting.
Whoo Hoo!!!!!
Let's get this party started!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy back to school!!! My girls will start 5th and 3rd grade and since I work from home I will be glad for the peace!!! WOO HOO!
    Smiles- Stacey

    ReplyDelete

You know you've got something to say...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin